YORK COUNTY, S.C. — The Highway Patrol is investigating after an 18-year-old girl was thrown from a motorcycle and killed in York County Thursday night.
The crash happened just before 8 p.m. on Neely Store Road, near Reservation Road, which is just outside Rock Hill.
Troopers said Adam Taylor, 21, lost control of his motorcycle and he and Heaven Gordon were thrown from the bike.
Gordon was hit by an oncoming pickup truck and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators said Taylor was not wearing a helmet, which is legal in South Carolina, and that Gordon was.
Gordon was a former student at both Rock Hill High School and Indian Land High School.
Troopers have not said if anyone will face charges.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC woman 'chained up like a dog' inside container for 2 months
- Mother killed, daughter seriously injured in Huntersville wreck
- Troopers identify 18-year-old woman killed in York Co. motorcycle crash
- Man killed after exchanging gunfire with officers in Salisbury, police say
- Obama to push early voting during Charlotte campaign stop
Cox Media Group