CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Members of a west Charlotte church showed their gratitude toward police officers with a special lunch on Sunday.
Members of World Mission Society Church of God said those officers, who put their lives on the line to protect the community, aren’t thanked enough.
“They share their lives, sacrificing and taking care of us,” church member Cody Marsh said. “We also feel like all people in the community should also take care of them.”
The police officers from the Westover and Steele Creek divisions were treated to a catered lunch and performances by members of the church.
“It feels good to have that kind of appreciation from time to time,” Charlotte-Mecklenburg police Officer Mariah James said.
Church members said that in addition to thanking officers, the event helps build a partnership for the benefit of everyone in the community.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 3 dead, 3 injured after car slammed into tree in Lancaster County
- Police investigate deadly shooting in north Charlotte
- Deputies: Woman found shot to death in friend's car outside Salisbury convenience store
- Woman charged in death of 63-year-old grandmother caught in path of gunfire
- Missing man's body found in river days after chase in Burke County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.