CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A pair of reports released last week point to a single issue that's become a drag on ratings for Charlotte Douglas International Airport, home to a major hub for American Airlines and often cited as a crowning jewel by economic developers for the region.
In their respective analyses, The Points Guy and FinanceBuzz found on-time flight performance at CLT to be lacking.
Still, the Charlotte airport landed at No. 13 on The Points Guy's ranking of the "Best and Worst U.S. Airports." That study examined the 50 busiest U.S. airports by number of passengers, focusing on 34 different factors related to amenities, commute time and on-time flight records. In addition to flight delays and cancellations, consideration was given to ride-hailing prices, restaurants, lounges, security wait times and more.
The report by FinanceBuzz has a more narrow focus, zeroing in on delays and cancellations for its list of the 25 airports that cost passengers the most in lost time.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Airport worker killed when baggage tug flips; investigation underway
- Dirt bike rider killed in crash after woman says group attacked her
- Missing NC toddler found safe after family's vehicle stolen with him inside
- FORECAST: Heat, humidity to start workweek, but rain chances too
- NC Walmart evacuated after police say they followed man with gun inside
© 2019 Cox Media Group.