Wicked Weed Brewing Co. is teaming with Anheuser-Busch.
There was backlash almost immediately after the Asheville brewer announced it's selling the company to Anheuser-Busch.
The brew owners said the deal allows them to get more benefits for current and future employees, but devoted customers are accusing them of selling out.
The owner of Salud in NoDa told Channel 9 that Wicked Weed is one of their biggest sellers, but that they will no longer carry it.
“It's unfortunate but it's just the stand we take,” said Jason Glunt. “And we don't really want to make any exceptions, and we want to be for the betterment of the independent craft brewer and the independent retailer.”
The brewery did not release terms of the deal, which will also have to be approved by state regulators.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Amber Alert issued for abducted 15-year-old NC girl
- VIDEO: Christian Heavner visits the New York Yankees
- Mysterious photo of girl caught on trail camera spooks town
- Concord teen bitten by copperhead while trying to pick up snake
- 1-year-old boy drowns in east Charlotte creek, police say
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast
- #MayTheFourthBeWithYou: 'Star Wars' fans celebrate
© 2019 Cox Media Group.