CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Mount Holly woman is praising Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department officers after they helped her remove a copperhead snake from her car last week.
Beckie Kistler said she was driving down Interstate 485 on Wednesday when the snake slid down the driver’s side door toward her steering wheel.
She said it was less than an inch from her head. She was able to get off the roadway, and a CMPD officer stopped to help.
Eventually, CMPD Animal Control officers arrived and removed the snake, which by that time had slid into her glove compartment.
Send us photos of your recent snake sightings to email@example.com or tweet them to us using #CLTSnakeSightings.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Document chronicles alleged criminal activity at Red Roof Inn
- 1-year-old girl 'fighting for her life' in ICU after gas can explosion
- Troopers: Driver killed in early morning crash on I-485
- Police chief ousted after calling Black Lives Matter a 'terrorist group'
- Police hope to identify skeletal remains found in Albemarle