MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - A South Carolina woman still can’t believe how her everyday walk on the beach turned into discovering a prehistoric treasure.
Ivy Hale, of Myrtle Beach, told WMBF that she saw something out of the corner of her eye as the surf came in.
Once the water retreated, she went over and found a 4-inch megalodon tooth, WMBF reported.
“I’ve been walking in this area for close to 20 years and I’ve never found anything like this,” Hale told WMBF. “It’s so rare that you find them so large and completely intact.”
Megalodon was the biggest shark ever and went extinct 3.6 million years ago, CNN reported.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man, teen killed in shooting at home near south Charlotte country club
- Woman reports sex assault after suspect poses as Uber driver, sources say
- 9 Investigates: Vaccination rates in Charlotte area elementary schools
- FORECAST: Sunny, dry start to work week after days and days of rain
- Unclaimed $1.5B jackpot mystery: Winner died? Ticket lost?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.