Local

Workers shocked to find two dead snakes in electrical box

MORGANTON, N.C. — Morganton Electric Services Department workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect power at a East Parker Road home.

When workers opened the electrical box, they were greeted by two dead snakes that had managed to climb in there. One snake had slithered across two hot terminals and was electrocuted.

The second snake bit the first snake and received a fatal jolt as well.

The city of Morganton posted the information on its Facebook page.

City of Morganton Electric Services Department Workers were in for a surprise last week when they went to disconnect...

Posted by City of Morganton, NC Government on Monday, April 4, 2016

Electric Services director Brooks Kirby said his workers come across fried snakes every two or three years, and that’s one time too many.

The home is scheduled to be demolished.

Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com: