WILMINGTON, N.C. - Police in North Carolina are looking for a woman who they say struck another woman with her car, then posted a picture of herself and the damage to her car on social media.
Wilmington police say on their Facebook page that warrants have been issued for 22-year-old Courtnay Danielle Lawrence on multiple charges, including assault with a deadly weapon. Police say Lawrence was identified based on tips they received.
According to police, a motorist intentionally struck a woman Wednesday. The victim was hit in the right hip, went airborne and landed on her left side. Authorities say the woman suffered multiple injuries to her head, shoulder, hips and knees.
Police say a male pedestrian seen in the video fled the scene. Investigators say he's romantically linked to Lawrence.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'He was laying on that step': Man found shot to death outside southeast Charlotte apartments
- Missing 8-year-old Cleveland County boy reportedly found by brother sleeping under tree
- WEEKEND IN VIEW: Where to find weekend fun in the Queen City
- FORECAST: 'Winter reality check' arrives as temperatures plunge across Carolinas
- Police identify suspect accused of leading officers on 90-minute chase across Charlotte
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.