The 7.8 magnitude earthquake that hit Turkey and Syria has left thousands dead and tens of thousands homeless and needing help.
If you want to help those in need in the region, you can contribute to a number of organizations that are there and helping. Below is a list of some of the organizations on the ground now.
- Doctors Without Borders
- Direct Relief
- Global Giving
- Humanitarian Relief Foundation
- International Rescue Committee
- Project HOPE
- Save the Children
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- The Syrian American Medical Society
- The Union of Medical Care and Relief Organizations
- The White Helmets
- Turkish Red Crescent
Note: Before sending money to help those in Turkey and Syria, you can check out the organization you want to support by going to sites such as Charity Navigator and Guidestar.