Just when you thought 2020 couldn’t get any worse… it does. Toyota has officially announced that the iconic Toyota Land Cruiser will be retired after the 2021 model year. Rumors of its retirement have been swirling for months without any sort of confirmation, but the automaker released an official statement explaining that this off-roading icon will indeed be put out to pasture in 2022.
Why is this N Charlotte Toyota icon being retired?
Why? Well, a few reasons. The Toyota Land Cruiser is a unique mix of luxury and off-roading capability; this puts it at a higher price point, which means it’s not as popular of a vehicle as say, the Toyota 4Runner. Additionally, the large SUV market just isn’t vibing right now; most drivers are searching for smaller, more fuel-efficient options for their day-to-day driving.
However, don’t despair! The Toyota Land Cruiser is only being retired in the U.S.A. - the 200 Series will evolve into the 300 Series overseas and still be available for interested buyers. And Toyota isn’t abandoning the large SUV segment; on the contrary, they’re dedicated to introducing more options to the market for drivers to consider.
So what can we expect in the interim before the N Charlotte Toyota Land Cruiser is retired? Here are a few highlights:
- As noted, the 2021 model will come out in the U.S.A. and will be the final iteration of this off-roading icon.
- The Heritage Edition will still be available in 2021 and will actually offer a three-row model (the current model only offers two rows of seats for passengers).
- It’s likely that the V8 engine that’s been under the hood for so long will get the boot to be replaced with a turbo-charged V6 option, similar to the one that’s going in the Lexus LX. You’ll still have plenty of power on your side but also improved efficiency and performance.
Toyota of N Charlotte has plenty of off-road-ready options waiting for you
We’re sad to see this historical icon leave, but we know there will be plenty of options still up for grabs that are off-road-ready. For example, if you visit Toyota of N Charlotte right now you can take home:
- A Toyota 4Runner: This versatile SUV is decked out with comfort and efficiency features on the interior while the mechanical aspects boast pretty much everything you need to tackle any sort of terrain.
- A Toyota Tacoma: This much-loved truck is ready for anything and everything with its off-road capabilities and still offers plenty of entertainment and safety technology.
- A Toyota Land Cruiser (2020 or 2021 model): Get it before it’s gone - this N Charlotte Toyota is packed with luxury features on the interior and off-road performance features on the exterior and under the hood.
See them all in person! Visit Toyota of N Charlotte today. We’re conveniently located just off I-77 at exit 23 in Huntersville at 13429 Statesville Road. You can call us at (704) 875-9199 today!
© 2021 Cox Media Group