ABOVE: The latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9. To stay on top of changing weather conditions, be sure to download our free WSOC-TV weather app.
Great weather continues for days to come, and it is a great Sunday of terrific weather for the Panthers game.
- Fair weather high pressure is in control and will remain in control through at least next Thursday or Friday.
- Next chance for any scattered showers isn’t until next weekend.
- Temperatures will average several degrees warmer than the normal high of 77-78 degrees for this time of year.
- However, there may be some relief on the horizon. A dry cold front will sweep across the Carolinas on Friday night into Saturday.
- Rainfall in September was well below normal.
- The area received 2.83 inches less of rain, which is considerably a lot less than the average.
- Considering the current dry spell, there are increasing drought concerns.
- As of a few days ago, a large portion of the area was considered “abnormally dry” while a few select locations were termed “moderate drought”.
- Some models are even pointing to morning lows in the 40s
>> Channel 9′s Weather 24/7 stream has the latest local weather all day, every day. Watch wherever you stream — on our website, or through your mobile app or smart TV.
- WSOC Weather 24/7
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Madi Baggett
- Meteorologist Joe Puma
©2023 Cox Media Group