ABOVE: The latest forecast update from Severe Weather Center 9. To stay on top of changing weather conditions, be sure to download our free WSOC-TV weather app.
- “Soak in that sunshine and warmth, friends,” meteorologist John Ahrens said Thursday afternoon. “The weather is about to go downhill in a big way starting tomorrow.”
- Rain will start developing by mid-morning, which will be fairly light and should start to taper off by late afternoon.
- This will set us up for a heavier rain event on Saturday, Ahrens said.
- Steady showers will move in and continue for most of the day.
- The precipitation should start to lessen a bit as we close in on the ACC Championship game on Saturday night in Charlotte on Saturday.
- Showers are likely again on Sunday.
- Of course, that is good news considering our drought situation, Ahrens said.
- The skies will clear up on Monday.
>> Channel 9′s Weather 24/7 stream has the latest local weather all day, every day. Watch wherever you stream — on our website, or through your mobile app or smart TV.
- WSOC Weather 24/7
- Interactive Radar
- Download our weather app for Severe Weather Alerts
- Hour-by-Hour Forecast
- 7-Day Forecast
FOLLOW OUR TEAM ON TWITTER:
- Chief Meteorologist Steve Udelson
- Meteorologist Keith Monday
- Meteorologist John Ahrens
- Meteorologist Madi Baggett
- Meteorologist Joe Puma
©2023 Cox Media Group