CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Mental health -- it's an epidemic that is affecting one in four people around the world.
You are not alone. There is help. There is hope.
[ALSO READ: 'We are here to save lives': Local nonprofit brings help to struggling first responders]
Channel 9 is committed to breaking down the stigma surrounding mental health and offering real solutions.
Join us for a primetime special, "Charlotte's Hidden Crisis," on Wednesday, May 29th at 8 p.m.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
- A LIVE phone bank from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m. on May 29th, where you can call to find help available near you or if you are in need of immediate help
- Being a bystander to a mental health crisis and how to intervene
- What's being done in schools about mental health
- A break down of insurance and Medicaid coverage
- And much more...
We will share stories from people who have overcome mental health challenges and connect you with potentially life-saving resources.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She didn't bother anybody': Salisbury mother followed, killed by stranger
- Missing Maui hiker's NC family still searching for her; boyfriend passes polygraph
- NC Taco Bell workers appear to smoke inside, as line of cars grows in drive-thru
- FORECAST: Warmer, humid conditions expected for rest of week
- 15-footer among 'cluster' of great white sharks tracked off Carolina coast
Cox Media Group