Friday wraps up Mental Health Awareness Month, and Channel 9 has been working to shine a light on mental health and erase the stigma.
Postpartum depression is often under-reported and misunderstood.
Up to 20 percent on new mothers experience it, as do some new fathers.
>> In the video at the top of this page, we share one mother’s story of help and hope.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies: Man wanted for domestic violence against woman found dead at vacant home
- Mother leaves toddler in hot car outside Northlake Mall, officials say
- FORECAST: Scattered showers as heat wave ends ahead of pleasant weekend
- Troopers: Man killed when Mustang crashes, flips in Gaston County
- Charged with child sex crimes, new SC mayor immediately suspended
© 2019 Cox Media Group.