CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Construction and new developments are common in Charlotte these days, but residents in the Chantilly neighborhood say the cost of progress is access to their homes.
Residents say their homes, driveways and street parking will soon be blocked off as new townhomes go up in the area.
One man told Channel 9 he is concerned the money and power behind the neighboring construction site could push him out of his home.
"They're making it so I can't even get into my building," homeowner Mark Sprinkle said. "This is my home, this is my business."
Watch the video above as reporter Briana Harper talked to one man who's been fighting this development for months.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 17-year-old charged in death of Mooresville student-athlete who fell off truck
- 'Fuming mad': Neighbors blindsided by prospect of new CMS high school
- Jury finds Lancaster woman guilty in 3-year-old girl's beating death
- FORECAST: Heat index close to 100 degrees ahead of storms, cold front
- NC Republicans unveil bill that would refund millions to taxpayers
© 2019 Cox Media Group.