CHARLOTTE, N.C. - It was an emotional proposal this weekend for two University of North Carolina at Charlotte students.
It’s a happy moment the future groom feared he’d never have.
Drew Pescaro was shot but survived the tragic shooting at UNCC this past spring.
"While I was laying on the floor, is like, I've been with this girl for six years and now I'm never going to get the chance to marry her,” Pescaro said.
>> Pescaro and his new fiancé opened up to Channel 9’s Blaine Tolison about their journey, in the video at the top of this page.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Carolina Panthers' 4-game skid leaves questions about Rivera's future
- Suspect accused of killing man outside Charlotte apartments to face judge
- CEO of Charlotte Center City Partners on plans for ‘iconic' bridge to link uptown, South End
- FORECAST: Schools closed as winter weather moves into High Country
- 'We're going to call her Sky': Mother delivers baby girl at Charlotte airport
© 2019 Cox Media Group.