CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A school bus was involved in a crash Monday morning in west Charlotte, officials said.
Officials said the crash happened in the 1400 block of Alleghany Street.
Officials with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools said 27 students were on board the bus, which serves the Phillip O. Berry Academy of Technology.
CMS officials said that there were no reported injuries to students.
Mecklenburg EMS officials said five people were taken to Carolinas Medical Center to be treated for minor injuries.
Channel 9 is asking officials what led to the crash.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Report: Claims of sexual harassment, racism against Panthers owner
- Panthers owner Jerry Richardson to sell team at end of season
- George Zimmerman reportedly threatens JAY-Z over Trayvon Martin documentary
- 27 students on board school bus involved in west Charlotte crash
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Campbell Soup buys Charlotte-based Snyder's-Lance for $4.87B