STATESVILLE, N.C. — Police are investigating an overnight robbery and shooting that left three people hospitalized in Statesville.
Officers told Channel 9 that the shooting happened during a home invasion around 1:30 a.m. on North Oakland Avenue.
Detectives said three suspects fired shots into a home, shattering a window, before busting down the front door.
There were four people inside the house and one of them confronted the suspects and was shot, officers said.
That shooting victim then grabbed a knife and stabbed the man who shot him, according to police.
The two other suspects ran from the house.
Both the shooting victim and the man who was stabbed were taken to the hospital and were undergoing surgery, officials told Channel 9.
Another person in the house was treated for minor injuries after being cut by the broken glass during the shooting.
A neighbor, who didn't want to be identified, said he heard the gunshots from his bedroom.
“All we've seen was a bunch of people standing outside of the home and people go scattering once the gun shots went on,” the neighbor said.
No arrests have been made and detectives have not released any other details.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Mom of teen found a year after disappearing: 'It's a dream come true'
- Rising high school senior killed in Rock Hill double shooting
- Home invasion leads to shooting, stabbing in Statesville
- WATCH: Girl falls 25 feet from Six Flags ride, caught by other park guests
- Couple found after wedding photos discovered on flash drive at thrift store
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
Cox Media Group