CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Four people will face charges after police said they robbed a man at gunpoint, stole a truck, and led police on a high-speed chase before crashing in north Charlotte.
Investigators told Channel 9 it all started late Monday night when the suspects stole a white truck from an apartment complex on Spindletop Place in Ballantyne.
Around 1:15 a.m., police said the four suspects robbed a pizza delivery driver on Halton Park Drive. The victim told detectives they hit him in the head with a gun then took off.
Download the WSOCTV news app for your smartphone and get updates on this developing story as they come in.
Officers spotted the truck a short time later, but when they tried to pull the vehicle over, the driver instead took off, leading police on a high-speed chase.
The pursuit ended in a crash on Graham Street at Atando Avenue. Channel 9 crews were first on the scene and could see the truck had smashed into the stopping arm at the railroad crossing.
Police took all four suspects into custody and said three of them had to go to the hospital.
No names have been released but officials said all four will face charges.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 4 suspects in custody after crashing stolen truck during police chase
- Protesters topple Confederate statue 'Silent Sam' on UNC campus
- Colorado man admits wife's murder, blames her for daughters' deaths
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Owner of company working on I-77 tolls arrested for DWI, troopers say
Cox Media Group