CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police have arrested a 60-year-old man in connection with a robbery and shooting that seriously injured a Family Dollar store employee last November in east Charlotte.
Police were called Nov. 15 to a shooting at the Family Dollar on East Sugar Creek Road.
Officers said one of two people went behind the counter and was trying to take money from the register when Timothy Laney, 40, came up behind him and the robber turned and fired several shots.
Laney was hit in the leg and once in the torso, but survived.
Investigators told Channel 9 Wednesday morning that they arrested 60-year-old Lester Artis in connection with the crime. He is charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
The investigation is continuing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
- Pregnant Gastonia woman shot while sitting on front porch
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's wet weather update
- 60-year-old arrested in connection with robbery, shooting at Family Dollar
- WATCH: Mother, daughter trapped in sauna die
- 2 arrested in attack involving assault rifle at Bessemer City park
Cox Media Group