CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A man walked into a north Charlotte car dealership Friday afternoon and demanded keys to a black Maserati.
In a matter of minutes, he drove out of the parking lot with the stolen car.
The theft happened just around 4:30 p.m. at Gulf Export in the 3300 block of North Tryon Street, right in front of the Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office.
Surveillance video of the robbery shows the man casually walk through the front door, and then to the back of the office, when he demanded the keys to the Maserati.
“He got a towel around the gun,” employee Mamoun Bahrour said. “He walked in like exactly 4:28 and walked out at 4:33.
Employees at Gulf Export said it wasn’t the suspect’s first attempt to get his hands on the ride.
The police report shows the suspect damaged a BMW on Sunday, and then returned on Monday.
"He came the first time, broke the glass and tried to look for the keys because he was after this car,” Bahrour said. "The next day, he tried again, but it didn't work because the alarm went off and police tried to chase him. They tried to get him but couldn't get him."
Employees are hoping the video will help track the man and the stolen car.
"(Police) said they're trying to track it with helicopter and try to see if they can get it,” Bahrour said.
The 2008 Maserati is listed at $31,000 on the business website.
Police said there were no injuries during the robbery.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'He was laying on that step': Man found shot to death outside southeast Charlotte apartments
- Missing 8-year-old Cleveland County boy reportedly found by brother sleeping under tree
- WEEKEND IN VIEW: Where to find weekend fun in the Queen City
- FORECAST: 'Winter reality check' arrives as temperatures plunge across Carolinas
- Police identify suspect accused of leading officers on 90-minute chase across Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.