ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. - Rowan County deputies arrested two people and issued a warrant on another person in connection with a prostitution case and shooting.
Robert Chad Christie, 42, who also goes by “Kelly,” suffered a gunshot wound to his leg on Jan. 12.
Michael Smith found Christie through an advertisement on “Backpage” and made arrangements to meet up for a sexual encounter on Farm House Road in Salisbury, deputies said.
Smith drove from Charlotte to the home where he met with Christie and completed a prearranged sexual act.
After the meeting, a disagreement occurred, and Smith pulled out a gun and fired multiple shots at Christie, striking him in the leg, deputies said.
After an investigation, warrants were obtained for Smith for felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, solicitation of prostitution and felony discharging a weapon into an occupied dwelling.
Deputies said they plan on arresting Smith this week
Christie was arrested and charged with prostitution.
Heather Fitzgerald, 28, was arrested and charged for providing Christie the home on Farm House Road.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Boyfriend of slain Peach Stand employee: 'She was the love of my life'
- 'Backpage' meetup leads to shooting, arrests in Rowan County
- Man heading to shower stabbed at South Carolina campsite
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Monday forecast outlook
- Police say 15-year-old NC girl tried to shoot sleeping mother
© 2019 Cox Media Group.