IREDELL COUNTY, N.C. — A man used a BBQ fork to stab another man, according to the Iredell County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies responded to a stabbing call Saturday afternoon on Rowan Road in Cleveland and found Thomas Freeland suffering from stab wounds and Michael England suffering from facial injuries.
Witnesses told deputies that England threw a brick into the windshield of Freeland’s Cadillac. Threats were exchanged between the two men, and then a fight broke out, according to witnesses.
At some point during the fight, England brandished a BBQ fork and began stabbing Freeland, investigators said.
Both men were taken to Iredell Memorial Hospital, where they were treated and released.
England is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Freeland is charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury, and was also served a probation violation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lincolnton child predator investigation nets teachers, preachers
- Uptown robbery, sex assault suspect to face judge Friday
- MUST WATCH: 8-foot alligator swims ashore on Georgia beach
- Firefighters rescue dog from 2-alarm south Charlotte apartment fire
- Officer files burglary complaint against Pageland police chief
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
Cox Media Group