CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A busy intersection in north Charlotte had to be shut down Thursday morning due to a water main break.
Statesville Road was blocked between Lakeview Road and Harris Oaks Boulevard as crews worked to shut off the water main and repair the rupture.
Charlotte Water officials told Channel 9 they were made aware of the break around 4 a.m.
Around 7 a.m., the outbound lane was reopened and the middle turning lane on Statesville Road was being used as an inbound lane.
Officials told Channel 9 the pipe was fixed Thursday afternoon.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man found in Myrtle Beach charged with Burke County woman's murder
- $18K impact fee on new homes in Fort Mill passes on 5-2 vote
- WHAT TO KNOW: Possible hepatitis A exposure at Charlotte Hardee's
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Storm damage widespread across McConnells area of York County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.