CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A major crash had a portion of South Tryon Street closed early Monday in Steele Creek.
The outbound lanes of South Tryon Street were blocked for hours at Steelecroft Parkway, near the Rivergate shopping plaza, after a wreck just before 3 a.m.
The crash involved a tractor-trailer and a pickup truck, scattering debris across the road.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Investigators told Channel 9 that a tractor-trailer was heading south on South Tryon Street when a white pickup truck tried to turn in front of it and was hit.
The impact caused the pickup truck to also hit an empty building and brought down traffic lights at the intersection of Steelecroft Parkway.
The drivers of both vehicles, as well as a passenger in the tractor-trailer, were taken to the hospital, but police said they would be OK.
Duke Energy crews were working on fixing the traffic lights and CMPD reopened the roadway before 9 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man walks into sheriff's office, confesses to killing house guest
- Woman killed in 5-vehicle crash on Highway 74 in Monroe
- Plane that crashed with Earnhardt Jr., family on board brought to Georgia
- FORECAST: Rain chances increase with relief from heatwave in sight
- Man killed, another hurt in shooting at Kings Mountain apartment complex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.