CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Thousands of people rely on the light rail every day.
Last October, crews had to shut down part of the Blue Line for days after storms caused a tree to fall on the tracks.
Now the Charlotte-Area Transportation System is trying to avoid another big problem.
Watch the video above to hear what CATS is doing to get ahead of this year's hurricane season.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'There's no logical answer': Sheriff offers more details in case of teen killed by dad
- 20-year-old gunned down outside uptown is Charlotte's latest homicide victim
- Mom claims pair posing as Child Protection Services workers tried to take son; police investigating
- FORECAST: Heat returns after first day under 90 degrees in weeks
- Family claims CMS didn’t do enough to protect daughter from sex abuse
© 2019 Cox Media Group.