CHARLOTTE, N.C. - While Bank of America Corp. and Lowe’s Cos. Inc. continue to lead the Charlotte region on the Fortune 500 list, there were other shake-ups on this year’s ranking.
Six Charlotte-area companies retain a Fortune 500 designation, though the mix of firms and their order has shifted.
Each year, Fortune magazine reveals the nation’s 500 largest public and private companies based on total revenue in the most recent fiscal year. The ranking, now in its 65th year, shows those companies make up two-thirds of the United States’ GDP — with $13.7 trillion in combined revenue. Overall, retail giant Walmart Inc. again generated the highest revenue in 2018: $514.41 billion.
Read more here about how locally based companies fared in the new ranking.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man stabbed to death in South End gas station parking lot
- Police: Suspect, victim likely knew each other in University City shooting
- CMPD officer charged with giving 1-year-old, 6-year-old alcohol
- FORECAST: Rain chances low as temperatures climb into the 90s
- Hurricane season is weeks away, but storm could be brewing in Atlantic
© 2019 Cox Media Group.