CHARLOTTE, N.C. - D9 Brewing Co. will expand its footprint with a second brewery in uptown Charlotte — though with a twist.
It plans to open the Queen City’s first outdoor brewery at 650 E. Stonewall St., next to the Savoy apartment complex.
That 8,000-square-foot venture will be known as D9 Brewing-The Pavilion at Uptown. It also will incorporate roughly 900 square feet for a craft lounge, which will be a collaboration between the brewery and Davidson’s Summit Coffee Co. with beer on tap and coffee, espressos and pastries available.
“We were looking for a way to connect better with people. We sell more beer in the city of Charlotte than anywhere on the East Coast,” says Andrew Durstwitz, chief executive and co-founder of D9 Brewing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man drives wrong way on I-85 to hide from gunman he says shot at him
- Sheriff: 3 dead, including child, in Chesterfield County shooting
- Polkton man shot to death during home invasion, police say
- FORECAST: Foggy morning before we see sunny skies, warmer temps
- First image of black hole released, watch the video
© 2019 Cox Media Group.