CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Tree canopy has a major impact on Charlotte -- from making the air clean to controlling the temperature.
In 2011, City Council set a goal of covering 50 percent of the Queen City with tree canopy by 2050, but we’re not on track to meet that goal.
Experts believe it’s really unlikely that we can turn it around in time, but some city leaders beg to differ.
Watch the video above as Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer explains how the city plans to make it happen.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man accused of killing Steak 'n Shake cook suspected in separate restaurant robbery
- Police: Man threw 13-year-old girl from car after sex assault in SC
- Driver killed after car slams into Gastonia animal hospital, police say
- Man accused of killing nursing school student caught in crossfire due in court
- FORECAST: Risk of strong storms today; Gulf system could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.