DENVER, N.C. - Some Lake Norman neighbors are feverishly working to clean up all the damage from Sunday night's storms.
Severe weather pounded the area with damaging winds and heavy rain, bringing down phone and power lines and littering trees in roads and yards.
Neighbors on Burton Lane in Gaston County said they are trapped in the homes because of all the damage.
"I was in for a surprise when I tried to make it to the office this morning," neighbor Patrick Elmore said.
Watch the video above as Channel 9's Gaston County reporter Ken Lemon spoke with residents in the area, who said they are still without power or phone service hours after the storm blew over.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD releases body cam video of deadly shooting; city leaders call for calm
- Notre-Dame cathedral: Historic structure on fire in Paris
- Police identify man shot, killed in Charlotte's Hidden Valley neighborhood
- Homicide investigation underway in parking lot of east Charlotte apartments
- CMPD to release video of fatal shooting at Charlotte Burger King
- CALM AFTER THE STORM: Sunny, dry skies return for your workweek
- Which Mecklenburg County restaurants didn’t make the grade in March?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.