CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police arrested Montdrekus Moore, 23, after they say he shot and killed a man late Tuesday night in east Charlotte.
Officers were called to The Plaza and Barrington Drive, near the Inspiration Station Child Development Center, just after 11 p.m. for a welfare check, but when they arrived they found a man who had been shot, lying on the side of the road.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. Police have not yet released his name because they have not been able to notify the victim's family.
Police said based on evidence gathered at the scene, they identified Moore as the suspect. They located him Wednesday morning and took him to police headquarters.
Detectives determined that Moore and the victim knew each other and an argument led to the shooting.
The homicide was the 58th in Charlotte this year.
Moore has been charged with murder. He is at the Mecklenburg County Jail.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 100 firefighters working to keep flames away from homes in Watauga Co.
- School bus driver arrested as Chattanooga mourns 5 children
- Police find man shot to death, lying on side of east Charlotte road
- Surveillance pictures capture man, woman stealing packages from Mooresville home
- Trump taps SC Gov. Nikki Haley for ambassador to UN
Cox Media Group