CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police had to block off a busy west Charlotte road Wednesday morning after they said a man had barricaded himself inside a home.
Officers said they responded to Tuckaseegee and Little Rock roads around 8:25 a.m. in reference to an armed man who had fired a shot.
Police said the man was barricaded in a house but was the only person in the home.
On scene, Channel 9 could hear someone on a bullhorn presumably trying to talk the man out of the home.
Around 12:15 p.m., police said they were able to take the man into custody without incident.
Tuckaseegee Elementary was placed on a modified lockdown while police worked to get the man to surrender, and a portion of Tuckaseegee Road was closed between Wilkinson Boulevard and Little Rock Road, near West Meck High School.
His name has not been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police find body of 50-year-old woman in Hickory yard
- SWAT team responds after man barricades himself inside home
- Alcohol, speed played role in deadly 3-wheeler wreck, police say
- Nature Made gummy vitamins recalled for possible staph, salmonella contamination
- Beloved firefighter's body escorted to Conover funeral home