CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police are looking for the gunman who shot someone inside a house in north Charlotte early Wednesday morning.
[PHOTOS: Man shot, dog killed inside north Charlotte home]
Officers were called around 4:15 a.m. to the home on Cypress Pond Drive, near Nevin Road. When they arrived, they found a man who was suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
[Channel 9 has a crew on the scene and will have updates throughout the morning on Eyewitness News Daybreak.]
He was taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
Family members told Channel 9 that the victim was shot twice and is in critical condition. They also said his dog was shot and killed and they think he was the target of a robbery.
Neighbors told Eyewitness News reporter Mark Barber that they heard several shots fired.
Officers set up a perimeter and K-9 was brought to the scene to help find the suspect but so far no arrests have been made.
Channel 9 crime-mapped the area and found that there have been two homicides within a half-mile of the house this year.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Allstate expands to Charlotte, bringing more than 2,200 jobs
- 16-year-old charged with murder, accused of setting man's home on fire
- No arrests after man shot, killed inside car following dispute
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Family says man shot inside home in critical condition, dog killed
- PGA CHAMPIONSHIP DAY 3: Rain lets up as more fans head to course
Cox Media Group