CHARLOTTE — Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools launched a new website Saturday in hopes of providing a more engaging experience.
The district teamed up with a design team at Blackboard to create what CMS says will be a “powerful communications hub.”
Each school will get a fresh look on its website and the design can be used on devices such as desktops, mobile phones and tablets.
“We are pleased to launch a new website that showcases the great work happening in our schools and the district,” Interim Superintendent Hugh Hattabaugh said. “This website will be instrumental in building a strong connection with our CMS community and providing improved accessibility.”
Some of the highlights of the site include:
• A consistent navigation across school websites with expanded menus for middle and high schools.
• Spanish translation in one click, and other translation options.
• A mobile-friendly design that adjusts easily to computers, tablets and smartphones.
• Quick links to the most searched pages.
• A choice of calendars in digital and printable formats.
• Easy web page editing for staff, even from mobile devices.
You can visit the new site by clicking here.
(WATCH BELOW: CMS discusses goal to boost high-school math scores)
©2022 Cox Media Group