A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools teacher is under investigation, accused of inappropriate behavior on social media with a student.
The principal of Northeast Middle School in Mint Hill sent parents a message Thursday after she said she learned about the possible inappropriate behavior.
An investigation with police and human resources has begun.
“I think that’s absolutely crazy. The teacher should know better,” said a student’s grandparent.
CMS told Channel 9 that the teacher involved has been suspended but not been charged with anything at this point.
Parent Elsa Lazalo said the matter has caused her concern. “Worry for kids, worry for my daughter. She’s in the school. Worry for my grandson. He’s in school.”
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Former pastor behind bars for murder now charged with killing missing Charlotte woman
- High school senior found shot to death inside Kannapolis mobile home
- Police identify 2 firefighters killed in Rowan County murder-suicide
- FORECAST: Clouds build in ahead of all-day rain on Friday
- Woman connected to 2016 double homicide misses sentencing hearing
© 2020 Cox Media Group