CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools teacher was arrested last month after a single-car accident.
Court records show that George Daniels' blood-alcohol content was .40 percent, five times the legal limit.
He was released from jail on a $1,000 bond.
CMS officials told Channel 9 that Daniels was hired as a Spanish teacher for South Mecklenburg High School in August 2013. The district said Daniels was suspended with pay on March 16. However, the district would not give a reason for the suspension, citing state personnel laws.
Eyewitness News has contacted Daniels for comment but has not heard back.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC firefighters face venomous snakes while battling blaze
- Target makes stand on transgender bathroom issue
- Appeals ruling threatens key provision of NC transgender law
- Driver was racing another car before deadly crash, witnesses say
- Man killed after crashing into car pulling out of driveway
© 2019 Cox Media Group.