CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Steel beams are going up at the site of Fifth Third Bancorp’s latest retail branch in Ballantyne.
Company executives and employees attended an official groundbreaking ceremony on Wednesday morning for the 3,200-square-foot space on Providence Road West. The project is on track for completion in early December.
The Ballantyne location is one of more than 50 branches opening in North Carolina in the next three years. Approximately 20 of those will open in the Charlotte market. Four are set to open here in the next several months at South End, Stonewall Station, Elizabeth and Galleria/Sardis. Another one is in the works for Myers Park.
“It is a (great) opportunity for us to serve another part of the country,” said Lee Fite, regional president for the Carolinas and Virginia.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dramatic body camera video captures SC deputy saving baby's life
- 'I blacked out': Subway worker says customer punched her in mouth
- Amtrak train collides with tow truck hauling car off tracks in University City
- Charlotte bar sued for unauthorized performance of 'Wonderwall'
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; Barry could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.