MINT HILL, N.C. - Part of Idlewild Road in Mint Hill was shut down early Wednesday because of a crash that knocked down a power pole.
The crash happened around 3 a.m. on Idlewild Road near Queen’s Grant Charter High School and knocked out power to neighbors in the area.
Duke Energy officials told Channel 9 that it could be until 5 p.m. until the situation is cleared up.
In the meantime, police have closed Idlewild Road between Margaret Wallace Road and Rice Road.
It's unclear what caused the crash or if the driver will face any charges.
>> This crash is going to cause a lot of backups throughout the day, so tune to Channel 9 for the latest updates on how you can get around this mess.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Chris Watts, who killed daughters and pregnant wife, receiving love letters from women admirers
- 'SouthPark Susan' to face judge months after harassment caught on video
- New testing begins after chemical linked to thyroid issues found in water at Lake Norman HS
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Wednesday forecast outlook
- CMPD IDs suspect involved in armed robbery, high-speed police chase
© 2019 Cox Media Group.