LINCOLNTON, N.C. - A woman died after colliding head-on with a Penske Box Truck in Lincolnton on Friday, troopers said.
Betty Mae Davis, 71, was driving in a silver Toyota Corolla when 21-year-old Dishon Bailey, who was hauling furniture for Ashley Home Furniture, crossed the center line and caused the crash on Buffalo Shoals Road near Drexall Lane.
Troopers said Bailey is charged with misdemeanor death by vehicle and not having an operator’s license.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom flew over the serious crash around 6 p.m. Friday.
Troopers said there were no signs of driver impairment and no signs of Bailey being distracted.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police search for 3 suspects after man, woman killed at Salisbury park
- Suspect escapes Pender Co. Jail, speaks about how and why he did it
- CMPD searching for man, with distinctive tattoo, accused of sexual assault in uptown
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Widow wants answers 1 year after husband shot, killed in crash
© 2018 Cox Media Group.