MATTHEWS, N.C. — Police are investigating an overnight crash that killed a pedestrian in Matthews.
The crash happened just before 1 a.m. on E. John Street at McKee Road.
Channel 9 was the only station at the scene and watched as investigators gathered evidence along the roadway.
The driver of a Ford Mustang, 21-year-old Sydney Lindenmuth, stayed at the scene and officials said she was charged with DWI, possession of marijuana and having an open container.
Channel 9 watched as police removed a wine bottle from the Mustang.
Police identified the victim as Richard Angelo, 22, and said he was hit while pushing his bicycle along the east side of E. John Street.
Police said the investigation is ongoing and more charges could be filed.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lake Tahoma dam in 'imminent danger' of failing; evacuations ordered
- Baby reported kidnapped found dead in diaper box, mother in custody
- Woman that hit, killed pedestrian in Matthews charged with DWI
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday morning forecast
- Fatal crash blocks I-485 ramp to I-77 for hours in south Charlotte
Cox Media Group