CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are looking for the driver of a car that plowed into a tattoo shop Monday morning along Central Avenue in Plaza Midwood.
The crash happened around 5 a.m. near the intersection of Central Avenue and 10th Street.
Channel 9 could see the vehicle smashed into the window of the business, knocking out some of the surrounding bricks.
Channel 9 learned that the same building was also hit by a car in April 2017.
"Please stop hitting my business with your cars,” owner Zack Decker said. “But my goodness, don't drink and drive. We believe it was a (drunken) driver.”
The business owner believes growth in Plaza Midwood is contributing to crashes there.
"There (are) more people than ever,” Decker said. “Charlotte's growing, and I think this is an unintended consequence.”
A tow truck was able to pull the car out, but police said the driver ran from the scene before officers arrived.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man arrested, charged in deadly shooting at east Charlotte bar
- Lion escapes enclosure, kills 22-year-old intern at NC nature conservatory
- Police investigating after man found shot to death in east Charlotte
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's New Year's Eve forecast outlook
- 5 injured, two dogs dead in Huntersville crash, officials say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.