Some drivers are upset with General Motors.
They say there's a problem with the transmission in many of GM's cars, trucks and SUVs.
Concord resident Steven Brack bought a Chevy Silverado last year.
"It's a $52,000 pickup truck." He says he's having transmission issues. "It's just a constant shudder vibration," he told Action 9's Jason Stoogenke. "I call it 'Chevy Shudder.'"
Stoogenke checked complaints to the federal agency, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. He typed in the words "shake" and "shudder" for certain year Chevys and found two others from the Carolinas. One is in Columbia. The other is in Sophia, near Greensboro.
"So all of us are stuck with just having to own it and drive it," Brack said.
Stoogenke also found a potential class-action lawsuit against GM, involving all of these vehicles with eight-speed automatic transmissions:
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2017-2019 Chevrolet Colorado
- 2015-2019 Chevrolet Corvette
- 2016-2019 Chevrolet Camaro
- 2015-2017 Cadillac Escalade and Escalade ESV
- 2016-2019 Cadillac ATS, ATS-V, CTS, CT6, and CTS-V
- 2015-2019 GMC Sierra, Yukon, and Yukon XL
- 2015-2017 Yukon Denali and Denali XL
- 2017-2019 GMC Canyon
The plaintiffs claim the vehicles shake, shudder and jerk when they speed up or slow down. They also claim the company has been aware of the problem for years. They say GM issued 13 technical service bulletins to dealerships, telling them about this alleged issue.
GM emailed Stoogenke, saying, "Owners should visit their GM dealer" and "dealers have service & technical procedures ... to address this concern."
Brack told Stoogenke he took his truck to a dealer, but that the dealer couldn't fix it.
"General Motors has to respond and, if they can't fix them, then they need to start buying them back," he said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'I felt something grab my leg': Teen surfer bitten by shark at Ocean Isle Beach
- NC park officials issue warning about 'zombie snake' that can play dead
- Crews rescue teenager stranded on South Fork River island
- FORECAST: Humidity drops as we dry out after 4 straight days of rain
- Grandmother of SC dad who killed his 5 kids asks to spare his life
© 2019 Cox Media Group.