MATTHEWS, N.C. - Troopers asked drivers to avoid a portion of Interstate 485 in Matthews Monday afternoon because large rocks were all over the road.
Drivers swerved around the rocks on the outer loop of I-485 between East John Street and East Independence Boulevard for about an hour before they were cleaned up.
The road was cleared just before 1:30 p.m.
It's still unclear how the rocks ended up in the road.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man walks into sheriff's office, confesses to killing house guest
- Woman killed in 5-vehicle crash on Highway 74 in Monroe
- Plane that crashed with Earnhardt Jr., family on board brought to Georgia
- FORECAST: Rain chances increase with relief from heatwave in sight
- Man killed, another hurt in shooting at Kings Mountain apartment complex
© 2019 Cox Media Group.