CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The Interstate 485 outer loop ramp to Interstate 77 southbound in south Charlotte is blocked while troopers investigate a deadly crash Wednesday morning.
The wreck happened around 3:15 a.m. on the ramp near Westinghouse Boulevard, close to the state line.
Troopers said one person was killed in the wreck, which involved a tractor-trailer and a truck. That victim’s name has not been released and officials have not said what led to the crash.
Authorities told Channel 9 that cleanup and the investigation itself will take a while and will impact the morning drive along the busy stretch of interstate.
Crews reopened the interstate ramp just after 7 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Lake Tahoma dam in 'imminent danger' of failing; evacuations ordered
- Baby reported kidnapped found dead in diaper box, mother in custody
- Woman that hit, killed pedestrian in Matthews charged with DWI
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday morning forecast
- Fatal crash blocks I-485 ramp to I-77 for hours in south Charlotte
Cox Media Group