YORK COUNTY, S.C. - A fifth-grader was responsible for a false 911 call about a man with a gun at York Intermediate School, police said Friday.
After the call was made on Thursday, the school was placed on lockdown as authorities in York County responded and searched the school.
York middle and Jefferson elementary schools were also on lockdown.
No gunman was located, nor was there any evidence that matched the information given during the 911 call.
Students and staff were moved to a safe location during the investigation.
The juvenile is being petitioned to York County Family Court for disturbing schools, authorities said.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Witness 'played dead' as man robbed Salisbury bank, fired shots
- Retired Navy vet accused of killing girl found on Charlotte church lawn
- Officials' handling of Cabarrus Co. high schools bomb threat concerns parents
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Friday forecast outlook
- Students scale 137-foot crane, UNCC officials say
© 2018 Cox Media Group.