CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte firefighters were able to hoist an injured construction worker to safety from the roof of an apartment complex early Tuesday morning in uptown.
Crews were called to the site at West Morehead Street and Church Street just before 8:30 a.m. after they received word that a worker had fallen and injured himself.
It took firefighters nearly a half hour to lower the worker from the roof and transport him to the hospital.
Medic said the worker had potentially life-threatening injuries.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Billy Graham's son-in-law found unresponsive in pool
- Closing arguments to start Tuesday morning in Kerrick trial
- Get ready for another cold, snowy winter, Farmer's Almanac says
- Must-see: Dazzling 'fire rainbow' brightens the South Carolina sky
- Mother charged after infant suffers 'traumatic brain injuries'
- Man arrested after road rage incident, shooting, police say