MOUNTY HOLLY, N.C. - Channel 9 learned floodwaters on Mountain Island Lake forced several boats over a spillway in Mount Holly on Monday.
Water at the Cowans Ford dam was released to ease the flooding in Catawba County.
The release plus heavy rain caused the water to rise at the Riverbend Boat Ramp. Emergency officials have shut down the boat landing for the next 24 hours.
>> Watch the video above as we speak with boat owners about the problems they faced Monday morning.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Stanly Co. sheriff: Suspect charged after 19-year-old woman dies from severe beating
- Some residents along Catawba River begin to evacuate homes as rain continues
- 'I heard my wife screaming': Tree crushes west Charlotte home, traps nearby residents
- FORECAST: Flood threat remains as Charlotte region enters day 4 of rain
- Car show participants have cars stolen from hotel parking lot in north Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.