CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police are investigating after they said a woman was struck and killed by an SUV Tuesday night in north Charlotte.
Investigators said that just after 9 p.m., the driver of a black Chevrolet Suburban was heading southbound on West Sugar Creek Road when he hit 26-year-old Francisca Rosada, who was standing in the right lane.
Rosada was taken to the hospital, where she died two hours later.
Officers have not charged the driver, who they said was not speeding at the time of the collision.
Channel 9 watched as police roped crime tape around the SUV and took photographs of the damage.
Investigators said Rosada was not in a crosswalk when she was struck and they're looking into whether she may have been impaired at the time.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Coroner IDs 19-year-old woman shot, killed at popular Peach Stand
- Dump truck overturns, spills 10 tons of sand on I-485 outer loop
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Driver not charged after SUV hits, kills woman in north Charlotte
- Pastor removed as CMS board OKs controversial gender policy change
Cox Media Group