CHARLOTTE, N.C. - North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper will visit UNC Charlotte Wednesday afternoon to highlight his new "North Carolina Invents” program.
The program would help universities develop new technology that would attract investors. Cooper's budget proposal calls for $10 million for the program.
The North Carolina House and Senate have their own budget proposals, and a new study found a hole in the Senate's version. The senate wants to cut $1 billion in taxes over the next two-years, but the general assembly's finance researchers said if that happens there could be budget shortfalls next fiscal year.
They said the budget gap would spread to $600 million by 2021.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez dead after hanging self in cell
- Pregnant Gastonia woman shot while sitting on front porch
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's wet weather update
- 60-year-old arrested in connection with robbery, shooting at Family Dollar
- WATCH: Mother, daughter trapped in sauna die
- 2 arrested in attack involving assault rifle at Bessemer City park
© 2018 Cox Media Group.