CONCORD, N.C. — Great Wolf Lodge Concord will welcome guests back to the resort beginning Sept. 17, hotel representatives announced Wednesday.
Since being closed in March due to COVID-19, Great Wolf Lodge has collaborated with medical experts, sanitization specialists and industrial engineers to develop customized health and safety procedures for the 402-room resort.
In addition, the hotel has introduced its new Paw Pledge program, a companywide initiative focused on keeping families healthy and safe while they play together at the indoor water park resort, which was developed based on guidance from heath authorities and public officials.
The reopening plan focuses on disinfection and sanitization, physical distancing, personal protection, and minimizing surface interactions in all guest areas across the resort.
Some of the measures include:
- Resort staff will sanitize all frequently touched surfaces in the water park, attraction areas, restaurants and all other public spaces continually using hospital-grade disinfectants.
- All guest rooms will be disinfected and sanitized prior to check-in, with room attendants paying special attention to high touchpoint areas such as door handles, light switches, in-room phone, thermostats and television remotes.
- Operating at reduced occupancy to provide plenty of space so families can easily make their way around the resort with a minimum of 6 feet of separation from guests outside of their traveling party. The water park will operate at 50% or less occupancy.
- Face coverings will be required for guests ages 5 and older in all public spaces of the resort, with the exception being when guests are using water park attractions.
- Markers will be placed in queues for waterslides, attractions, retail shops, food outlets and front desk measuring 6 feet of distance between guests.
- Contactless payment options will be available at the resort, including food outlets offering remote ordering with pickup options.
- All staff members will undergo a wellness and temperature check before reporting to work and will be required to wear masks in situations where maintaining social distancing may be difficult.
For a complete list of safety protocols, click here.
Reservations can be made at greatwolf.com/concord.
© 2020 Cox Media Group